Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Hazards of a SAHM

This week has been a rough week for me and it is only Wednesday! I think I deserve a raise. Or at least a glass of wine.

To make a very long story short, on Monday we had AT&T to the house to install U Verse. They had some problems with the signal so had to pull the truck in the alley behind our house to work on the line. A neighbor came home around 5 PM, saw that he couldn’t get to his driveway, and went ballistic on our AT&T techs. He went crazy, yelling, honking, cursing, threatening, literally trying to run them over, hitting their car with his car, attacking them with a stick, etc. etc. I witnessed it from the start and called Marshall home. Cops came and arrested the neighbor and since then we learned he was definitely not in the right state of mind. Regardless- he clearly has major problems and it caused such neighborhood drama! (We live in a very nice, close knit neighborhood). I just can’t believe my neighbor tried to run over my U Verse guys. I just wanted to be able to record 4 shows at once! Needless to say, we still don't have UVerse.

Now, Yesterday I was trying to be productive and was doing loads and loads of laundry. I went to pull my load of clothes out of the dryer and was greeted with this:



Yes folks, that is a SNAKE!!!!!!!!! A Snake in my dryer!!!! It looks small, but it was all shriveled up. I can barely even look at this picture and have had the heebie jeebies since. I cannot even tell you how traumatized I am by this. I am going to go with the simplest answer and say that the snake crawled through the dryer vent from the backyard in between loads- but even this freaks me out. The thought of it being in my closet, in my hamper, in my clothes, is just too much for me to handle so we will go with the dryer vent theory. If I thought doing laundry wasn’t fun before yesterday, now it is terrifying. I still have wet clothes in the washer that need to be moved over but am scared of what I am going to find next. A python? A boa constrictor? A dragon? Marshall removed it when he got home, poor snake was hard as a rock due to the drying process. (And no it wasn’t a fake snake- although I did check with my sister in law to see if her boys had fake snakes since we spent the weekend with them) I wish that was the case!

Just a typical day in the life of a Stay at Home Mom. Aren't you jealous?

3 comments:

  1. So funny! At least it was not a centipede. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I can't believe either story! You do need a glass of wine, or the whole bottle. Keep us updated on the crazy neighbor!

    Oh, and that is seriously a fear of mine. I have heard of people finding snakes in their washer or dryer and it freaks me out just thinking about it. I dont know what I would have done!

    Hope you have a wonderful weekend celebrating your big bday!! Wish I was there!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, it was nice seeing your house in dallas last summer b/c obviously that is the last time i will be going now. OMG.

    ReplyDelete