Monday, April 5, 2010

Pronouns and Peytonisms

One of my favorite things about Peyton’s language development is his misuse of pronouns. Peyton’s language is amazing to me and he likes to talk and talk and talk about everything. Sometimes he gets his pronouns a little messed up and I love it so much that I have a hard time correcting him. Here are some of my favorite little gems (both pronouns and general Peytonisms) from the last couple of weeks.

“He’s in his jammies!” (Mallory is in HER jammies)

“Mommy- Hold you!” (Mommy hold me)

“Pick Him Up.” (Pick me up)

“Oh No! I got shoes on my dirt!” (Oh No, I got dirt on my shoes)

"I need paper toilet" (toilet paper)

While at Easter mass, and not quietly:
"Mommy, Where’s Jesus? I don’t see him!” Where is he? I want to see Jesus?”

“Jesus is naked. Jesus is wearing underwear” (while looking at a picture of Jesus in a loin cloth with his Bebe)

"Coke is for grownups. I want to be a grownup too."

“But I want to pet him!” (Talking about touching his sister)

“I go to church. Ms. Darsi tell me to be quiet” (His preschool teacher and what I am assuming is talking during chapel at school)

When he doesn’t like something that I say, or if I tell him to stop doing something:
“I Want Mommy to go to Work!”
“I want Mommy to Leave”
“I want Mommy to run an errand.”
“No Like Mommy”

“I like Daddy. He gives me his shadows.” (flashlight)

“Papa has miskers (whiskers). He take them off in bathroom. He need to go to store to buy more.” (Talking about Papa shaving)

“Malley tooted! I want to toot too! Mommy- help me toot please”

"Mommy loves you" (Mommy loves me)
And I do Love you Sweet Baby Boy!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh he is just so cute! I love hearing the things that come out of his mouth. Ryan still says, "More Wee!" (which meant Peyton wanted Ryan to keep pushing him in the swing)

    ReplyDelete