Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Our Soundtrack



My friend Aimee gave Mallory this CD before she was born and it has turned into Peyton’s sleep music. It is played in it's entirety at least twice a day, every day, and therefore has become the background music of our lives. The music is so tranquil and peaceful, and is perfect for children AND adults. I love lying with him and listening to it, just winding down.

Hopefully we won’t wear it out so much that Mallory can’t enjoy it too. I know 15 years from now it will break my heart to hear it because I will long for the days when I could snuggle my young babies in bed. Or maybe hearing it 15 years from now the familiar songs will heal my heart, years from now when they are no longer babies and I am sleeping eight hours a night, alone (hopefully with just Marshall again), with no baby monitors buzzing or dogs barking, no cries in the night, cries for more ice in their water, looking for lost giraffes, lost binkies, cries for a boob, just pure, uninterrupted, unanticipated, sleep. :) Sounds promising, but for some reason I think I'll be willing to trade that sleep in for these current precious, but very sleepless, times.

No comments:

Post a Comment