Thursday, May 13, 2010

Reunited and it feels so good....



Our best friends from Raleigh just spent a few days visiting us. They will be in and out of Dallas the next few years because their 8 month old is having cranial surgery with one of the best doctors in the country, and that doctor happens to be right up the street from us. We hate that they are having to go through this, especially so far away from home, but are so happy to be able to support them during this time.

Their "oldest" 8 month old twin, Landon, has Lambdoid Synostosis. You can read all about his condition and journey with a link on Heather's blog- posted below. I know they would appreciate your prayers!

http://prayersforlandon.blogspot.com/

Their first appointment with their surgeons was this week so we decided to turn it into a mini vacation for all and reunite our preschoolers. Aidan was Peyton's best friend in Raleigh and they had not seen each other since February of 2009. Neither families had met any of our newest babies so it was a special reunion. (See pic above for our newest baby legs! Mal's are the chunky lady like ones)

We went to Great Wolf Lodge, Grilled and played outside (Just like the old days!), crashed our neighbor's hot tub (Thank you Lindy!), and just enjoyed time together. On Mother's Day- Heather and I took the afternoon off and had an amazing sushi/cocktail lunch, shopping, and girl time. I can't think of a better person to spend Mother's day with since Heather and I experienced the first 2 years of our lives as new moms pretty much side by side. We did almost everything together in Raleigh, and met when Peyton was only 6 weeks old. Boy have our families (and hearts) grown since then!

Heather (Mom of the YEAR!) already created an amazing post about our trip on her blog. Rather than recreate the wheel: here is her post on her families' blog:
http://brogdonfamily.blogspot.com/2010/05/dallas-trip.html
My link thing won't work on my blog for some reason, so just copy and paste. It is worth the extra effort!

And here are some pictures to follow up to her post, these are from my new camera. I LOVE this camera!!!
























We love you guys so much and are amazed with how you are handling all of this with Landon. Thank goodness we lived in Raleigh so that our paths could cross, can't imagine our lives without you!

3 comments:

  1. What a fun weekend you had!!! Love the pictures! I also like Mal's "little sister" shirt :)
    You are a great blogger - keep up the good work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a great blogger! I look forward to your posts. So glad I got to meet Heather at our run-in in at the mall. Sounds like y'all had an amazing weekend! It's amazing how life works itself out that y'all now live in Dallas where they need support during this time. God is good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love it!

    We had a great time! Thank you for sharing our story on your blog! The more prayers for Landon the better! We love you all and are so thankful to have you in our lives!!!

    ReplyDelete