Tomorrow is your 6 month birthday, sweet baby girl.
I can't believe we are at the first year's halfway mark. You are such a joy to be around, still all smiles and little laughs. You have grown up a lot this past month. You roll all around and have gotten up on all fours. (I have a feeling crawling is in our near future). You just love to blow spit bubbles. In fact, at your cousin's baptism this past weekend you decided to blow raspberries during mass at all the wrong (quiet) times! You still love your exersaucer and have started playing with baby toys. You are teething so you chew on everything. You get so excited to nurse and have started slapping your knee like you are dancing in a hoe-down while eating. Tootsie the owl is your special sleeping pal and you really like your Glow-worm too. You are one tough cookie and rarely cry when your big brother loves on you a little too rough. He does love you though. He calls you "Baby Girl", "Mal", "Little One" and tells people that you are HIS baby.
We started rice cereal a few weeks ago and you are pretty indifferent to it. You are so easy going that I really can't tell if you hate it, you basically appease me with a few bites, then blow half of it out with your raspberries, and then decide you are done. In honor of your 6 month birthday we started real food tonight. The first food- Squash! I figured this one wasn't too sweet or too green, so thought it would be a good one. You basically treated it the same way as you did the rice cereal although I do think you were opening your mouth better tonight. Here are some pictures of our first food adventure.
Does anyone else think she looks like Charlie Sheen in this picture?
Baby Girl- you are my absolute delight and I adore every minute I have with you. (even the poopy minutes with diapers that smell like butter popcorn:), I have a feeling this smell will now be a thing of the past with you eating real food. Believe it or not, I am going to miss it! You are just the sweetest little angel and we are so glad we have you. Happy 6 Months Lil Cupcake!
She does look a little like Charlie Sheen in that picture. Hahahaha! I can't believe she's already 6 months. Time is going by way too fast. She's just precious!! Let's get our fams together again soon.
ReplyDeletehilarious - her cheeks are amazing! like a little squirrel ...
ReplyDelete