Thursday, May 13, 2010

Jesus is not a toy


I never know what is going to come up out of Peyton's mouth. This morning I woke up to Peyton standing over me holding the crucifix that hangs over his bed. The conversation that ensued has me cracking up so I wanted to record it here for memory:

"Aunt Lauren gave me this Jesus. (Peyton holding the crucifix that David and Lauren got him from The Vatican, and is supposed to be hanging over his bed.)

"Jesus watches over me. He is NOT a toy. I not put him in this water (my cup of water was on my nightstand, he started to dip him in the cup) Jesus would get too cold. He would need a blanket. Mommy will get him a towel, dry him off."

I tell Peyton to go put his cross back on his dresser, that we take special care of our cross. He does the opposite and takes him out in the backyard where he tells Marshall, "Jesus can't ride my bike. He's too little." (and then sets Jesus down to ride his bike)

Here is a picture taken immediately after this conversation. Funny start to my morning, i hope Jesus had a chuckle over it too.

1 comment:

  1. That is seriously one of the funniest conversations I've ever heard! 3 years ago, could you ever imagine you'd be having conversations with Peyton, let alone hilarious ones about Jesus? I love it!

    ReplyDelete