Sunday, March 14, 2010

Where's Rome?

Meet Gerome. A Giraffe. Peyton's most prized posessions. So prized, in fact, that we bought an extra one in case the first one ever went missing. Result: Now Peyton has Rome and Other Rome. He must have both at all times. I guess I need a third one because Other Rome is ALWAYS missing. I am about to put key finders on both of them because I spend too many hours of precious time hunting down these giraffes. I hear "Where's Rome"? all day long.

Peyton smells them like he is addicted to them. (Picture Mary Katherine Gallagher smelling her armpits on Saturday Night live) He gets upset when I wash them because they lose their "special" smell. We don't let Rome Rome leave the house and used to make him put them to bed each morning, but when Mallory was born we became a little more relaxed. I thought he needed some additional comfort that only Rome could provide. I even made up a song about Gerome- the chorus "I'm talking bout Gerome, He's my favorite Giraffe, The best friend I have, it's Gerome!. It's Peyton and Gerome, We're glad we gave him a home, It's Gerome"

Love at First Sight- Peyton and Original Gerome at 1 month old


Is this Rome or Other Rome? Only Peyton would know- 2 1/2 years old.



I am taking a different approach with Mallory and am rotating between 3 lovies so she doesn't get too attached to just one. So far we have Lion (named by Peyton, it is actually a horse), A pink giraffe named Rowena or Rome-ena, and Tootsie the Owl. I have a feeling Tootsie will become her "Rome" because it is the same brand as Peyton's- Angel Dear. But only time will tell, you never know what they will attach to. As of now- her lovie is my boob. :) But I really don't want to have to make up a song for her about that!

Meet Tootsie!
Mallory and Tootsie, 6 weeks old


And as I write this "Other Rome" is missing. I'm sure we will find him somewhere totally unexpected. I just hope it is soon!

1 comment:

  1. I want to squeeze her face and poke my finger in her dimple ...

    ReplyDelete