We just returned from a long weekend in Hot Springs, Arkansas. One of our favorite things to do there is to sit out on the deck with a warm fire under the night sky. Peyton loved rocking with his Bebe and when he saw two lights in the sky (house lights across the cove) he assumed this was Jesus and talked about how Jesus was watching him from the sky. Later that evening I put Peyton to sleep with Bebe in her bed, and started to teach my friend Lindy my favorite card game Spite (or Spike) Malice. I was having a hard time remembering the card set up so I snuck into Bebe’s dark room to whisper with her about the game, trying hard not to wake Peyton. Our conversation went like this:
Me- “How many cards do I lay on top? You are going to have to re-teach Lindy how to play this tomorrow because I am not doing a good job.”
Bebe- “Well I may not be here tomorrow to teach her!” “Peyton just told me that Jesus is Coming to Take Bebe.”
After stating this he promptly rolled over and fell asleep! So she was left with this knowledge that Jesus was on his way to take her, without any other details.
Well, we were all on pins and needles all night. No one more so than Bebe! She was still with us in the morning and we all breathed a collective sigh of relief. Of course I am not ready for her to go be with Jesus, but also, how would I ever discipline Peyton again with him having such a direct line to God?
He keeps us (and especially Bebe) on our toes!
No comments:
Post a Comment