Monday, November 7, 2011

Halloweenie with 3 Teenies

Foofa, A Garbage Truck, and a Giraffe.  That was our Halloween 2011.

I'll start with Peyton. Peyton loves garbage trucks.  He loves to tear up piles of paper and play with his 2 garbage trucks and his landfill toy (Toy Story 3) and will happily create garbage scenarios for hours.  He enjoys watching garbage truck videos about how they were made and can tell you all about side loaders, front loaders, and rear loaders.  I never knew the sight of a garbage truck could bring me so much excitement but my heart actually leaps when I see one on the road. I get so excited to point them out to him.  It made perfect sense to me when he told me that was what he wanted to be for Halloween.  I am not crafty though so I spent hours online looking for a way to make or buy a garbage truck costume.  I even posted an ad on Craigslist :) I finally emailed the craftiest friend I have asking for advice and she decided that she could make one.  And make one she did!  It was absolutely unbelievable and above and beyond any expectation I could have had. It had head lights that actually worked, tail lights, personalized license plate, a front loader that held candy, and she even dressed him as a garbage man.  Thank you Whitney! I think only a mother of boys could understand how important this was to Peyton, and Whitney definitely understood.






Mallory was Foofa. Foofa is the pink character from her favorite show, Yo Gabba Gabba.  By favorite I mean it is really the only show she will watch.  She loves Gabba so much that sometimes she will just yell  "GABBA!" for no apparent reason. :)  I pulled some Mommy authority and ordered her the pink girly Foofa costume instead of the little green Brobee monster that she probably really wanted to be, but she loved being Foofa and still puts that costume on every chance she gets.




Nolan was a Giraffe.  It was hot outside and the giraffe was the best for him with the weather plus he looked adorable. :) And it made perfect sense to put our TALL baby in a giraffe costume, the tallest animal in the world.


The kids had so much fun at school that day and then loved trick or treating through the neighborhood. Peyton ran from house to house with his friend Reese, and Mallory slowly ambled up and down the walk ways, would say "TEEEET" and then immediately ask me to "OMEN" it.  She was covered in chocolate by the end of it.Nolan loved riding along in the baby bjorn.  Such a fun Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment