Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Mallory Ann is TWO



Mallory Ann turned 2 on November 7th.  In some ways I can't believe my baby girl is 2, but in other ways I can't believe she has only been with us for 2 years.  She is so important to our family that it is hard to remember our lives without her.

We celebrated with a Yo Gabba Gabba themed birthday party at The Little Gym with 10 of her closest friends.  To say she enjoyed it would be an understatement. She had the time of her life! It was the perfect party for her.  Afterwards we opened her presents with Gigi and Bebe and Papa back home. On her real birthday she brought special treats to school to share with her class and got a special balloon and birthday cake after dinner.  It was a great weekend.

I will post her stats from her 2-year-old appointment next week, but here is a snapshot of details about our little girl at age 2.

Mallory Ann- At age 2 you have started talking and your little personality cracks everyone up.  You love baby dolls and try so hard to be a mommy to your little brother Nolan. The problem is that he only weighs about 3 pounds less than you so mothering him can be a little hard, but you never stop trying to feed him, hold him, burp him, carry him.  You love your baby stroller, your babies, your shopping cart, and tutus and dress up.  You have recently developed a STRONG opinion about what you wear in the morning and usually end up in a very fancy dress with fancy shoes. You adore Yo Gabba Gabba. You will watch it over and over again and know all of the characters names.  The phrase "MORE GABBA!" is often yelled throughout the house. You love washing dishes and playing in the sink. You sleep with your Tootsie, Blankie, and Brobee from Yo Gabba Gabba.  Your favorite books are Brown Bear, Brown Bear, Nursery Rhymes, and Moo Baa La.  Each night we read about 4 books together and sing a song.  You love Twinkle Twinkle the most the days but your absolute favorite song is Rock-a-bye your Bear by The Wiggles.  You like to eat and your teacher says you are usually the last to leave the lunch table.  You love school and run straight into the classroom. You love my purse, shoes, jewelry and make up. You are funny, sweet, spunky, a dare devil, and the light of my heart.

Mallory, I cherish my days with you.  When I was little I dreamed about being a mommy, and had little girl baby dolls that I treated like real babies. (it was a little crazy :) ) I even planned birthday parties for them and sent out invitations and baked a birthday cake for them- the full treatment.  So you see- I have been practicing being your mommy my whole life, so to spend time with you,  sing and dance with you, plan your birthday parties, and just be your mommy is truly my dream come true.  It is just even sweeter that you look like me :) I will always remember how I felt when I was getting my 18 week sonogram when pregnant with you and the doctor said "It's a little lady."  Tears of true happiness sprang to my eyes because I felt like I already knew you in my heart. You were meant to be and meant for me :)  The best part is that I could never have imagined the type of little girl you would be- I love that you are feisty, funny, daring, sassy, yet, still my little princess.  I'm sure your Daddy would say all the same things about you, well- maybe not the part about planning baby doll birthday parties, but he loves you so much too sweet girl. He can't wait to get you on a soccer field. :)  Happy Happy Birthday Mal-Mal, Souci, Sissy, Rump, Mal, Sweet Girl.

Mallory Just Born
November 7th, 2009


1st Birthday
November 7th, 2010


2nd Birthday
November 7th, 2011

*birthday party post up next!

2 comments:

  1. I love you Mallory Ann and Meredith Ann. You both have made my dreams come true. Happy Birthday, Sweet girl.

    ReplyDelete