There is only one thing that even comes close to my love for my children and that is the musical Wicked. :) So it made perfect sense (to me) to create a "Wicked" 1st Birthday Party for my sweet baby girl Mallory. We scheduled it for Halloween weekend so the Witch themed, Wizard of Oz, Wicked worked really well. Sweet Mallory didn't seem to be feeling 100% but still had a great time and was ,of course, the perfect party host. She dressed up as Glenda the Good Witch, but you will only see a few pictures of her in the costume because she threw up about 5 minutes after putting it on. Thankfully we had another party dress on hand!
I dressed up as Elphaba, a pregnant Elphaba that is!, and Peyton wore his triceratops costume. I guess Marshall was a Longhorn Fan? Glad to know there is still one fan out there with their current losing streak!
Mallory invited her best baby friends, their parents, and a handful of our close friends and neighbors to the party. The guests arrived to a Yellow Brick Road that led them to Mallory's Emerald City, complete with a balloon rainbow. I will never forget trying to get about 50 inflated rainbow and emerald green balloons into my neighbor Mimi's car without them getting tangled or popped, on Halloween weekend with about 5,000 crazy Halloween customers at a party store. We created quite the scene and traffic jam! But the balloons were very festive. We should also mention her Bebe who arrived in a surprise perfect "Munchkin" costume, dressed head to toe as a clown. Soon after arriving Bebe picked her up and that is when Glenda decided to spit up her entire bottle, all over the clown costume. At least we got one picture of Bebe in her costume! And finally, God bless Gigi (Grandy) for traveling to Dallas, helping me prepare for the party all weekend and making sure it went smoothly. We love you all!
Seconds before the demise of the Glenda and Munchkin costumes.
Trying to walk the Yellow Brick Road with Grandy
Here are some pictures of our "Oz" scenery: I searched high and low for "Wicked" birthday party decoration ideas without a lot of luck, so maybe this will help another Wicked fan some day :)

I'm sorry I can't post everyone!
Follow the Yellow Brick Road Dorothy!
Look, the Cowardly Lion is right behind you!



It's Cake time!
One of my favorite lines from Wicked is when Elphaba says to Glenda, "Well we can't all travel by bubble." So I sent each baby home with their own bottle of Glenda bubbles.

Mallory went to bed a little early so woke up to all of her presents.
It was a perfect party with perfect weather, a winning Rangers game, and special time with many of Mallory's closest friends. The musical Wicked has some great messages including friendship, goodness, growth, and the positive effect that others can have on us, if we let them. Sweet Mallory- I wish all of these things for you in your wonderful life to come and can already see these things working in you by your sweet personality and the loving influence of our friends and family. And of course, "Because I knew you (Mallory), I have been changed for good."
So now we head into Year Number 2 with Miss Mallory Ann- keep "Defying Gravity" sweet baby girl!






so impressed with you! precious!
ReplyDelete