*This song played such an important part in my childhood. It is from the Mickey "Splashdance" album (yes, came out around the same time as Flashdance!) If anyone ever finds it on CD I would be eternally grateful! Would love to share the songs with my children)
Mallory turned 1 on November 7th. We have now completed 365 days with this dream baby. I can officially say that she is one of the easiest babies I have ever encountered. Example: This morning I gave her a sippy cup of milk instead of her usual and highly demanded bottle. She happily drank it and went about her morning, so far so good. Bye Bye bottles! I loathe washing you! (well, adios for the next 4 months, we will begin our relationship again around April when the new baby comes)
Mallory had her 12 month appointment yesterday but did not receive her shots due to a low grade fever. Her stats were:
Weight 19 lbs, 9 ozs., 25th %
Length 28 1/2 inches, 35th %
Head 17 7/8, 60th %
I was surprised she was no longer ahead of the 50th percentile but the doctor said her growth curve is perfect and that is what matters. She is still plump and round which is probably because her height and weight are pretty equal percentiles.
At 1-year-old Mallory is basically walking. She takes over 9 steps at a time but then will fall and continue along crawling. She loves to wave, play "where's Mallory", and LOVES her lovie Tootsie. She says so many words now, the most interesting to us is "Ike". We don't know what it means but she says it all the time. She also says "Hi" so that isn't what she is trying to convey. I would love to know who this Ike is because he plays a very important role in her life! She also give smacky kisses and loves the doggies. She is becoming very independent and is truly one of the greatest loves of our life!
These pictures were taken on her actual birthday, in a precious dress that Aunt Alice and Uncle Nick gave her.

Mallory is playing on the adorable "Mallory" bench sent to her by Kelley and Joe.

Yup, she can walk!

It isn't all fun and games! She has started being very "Dramatic" and will throw her head down on the floor face first when she gets upset. Then she pops back up and everything is great! So even easy babies have their moments, trust me! I think I am much more laid back this go around which has definitely rubbed off on Mallory and helped make her so mellow.
We love you Baby Mallory! It has been an amazing year and you have made our hearts grow even larger!
I love you MY BABY GIRL . You are an amazing MOM. You make my heart sing sing.
ReplyDelete