Thursday, September 30, 2010

One Down, Two to go

We have made it through the first trimester of Pregnancy Number 3! I am now fourteen weeks. This should mean that I will be a whole new woman any day now. The end of the first trimester for me usually means less nausea, exhaustion, and starting to feel human again. I think we are almost there...

Last week we had our Triple Screen (screen for signs of Down Syndrome and chromosomal abnormalities) and everything looked great in both the blood work and the ultrasound. This was wonderful news.

I apologize for the hiatus from blogging but it has been an interesting couple of months since learning about this newest little Yates.

I have been in survival mode and my house has barely survived to say the least. I have had one simple goal during this time. To make it through each day keeping both myself and my current two children alive and well. They are alive, and hopefully have not been too damaged by the mess, the chaos, and being raised by the tv channel Nick Jr. Hey- sometimes you have to do what you have to do!

As a Stay at home Mom I usually do a lot of cleaning and organizing throughout the day to stay on top of tasks. This has not been the case lately. Marshall has been a huge help and usually comes home to something that resembles an earthquake. One day he asked me if ten friends had joined me for lunch that day, that is how bad the kitchen looked. I basically stopped doing all the things that I usually did throughout the day. I've heard that stay at home moms should do this every once in awhile to remind their families of their usual (often unnoticed) hard work. Do it- they will take notice my friends! Lately Marshall comes home from work and gets to work on the dishes, the kitchen, and the house because I just couldn't get it done. Thank You Marshall. You have been very appreciated!

As mentioned, Nick Jr. has been raising my Three-year-old. If I hear that song by the Moose and Zee creatures in between episodes one more time, I might explode.
"I'm so excited I can hardly wait, today is just perfect, in fact it's plain great!"

I both hate Nick Jr. and Love Nick Jr. Peyton has been wonderful about giving Mommy "rest time" during Mallory's afternoon nap and watches Nick Jr at this time. The impact has been immediate. He now says "OH MAN!!" (like Swiper the fox from Dora), " We did it, We did it! (Diego or Dora) He has also fallen in love with the movie "Land Before Time" and responds to questions like Ducky the dinosaur. I'll say, "Do you want cereal this morning". and he'll reply "Yup Yup Yup!, That's what it is!" or "Nope, Nope, Nope". Oh well, at least we've had good rest time.

It has also been the small things that have helped us survive:
I couldn't drink coffee for the longest time so I get to treat myself to REAL Cherry Coke in the mornings as my small caffeine allotment for the day. Peyton usually manages to sneak a sip too. Win Win for both of us.

Peanut butter crackers and breakfast muffins really curve that morning nausea.

And unlike the other pregnancies, My biggest craving has been for salad. SALAD?!?!? Thankfully Wendy's has a new line of great salads- I really recommend them.

What else has helped?
Fall clothes shopping, a few new maternity for me and lots of fun stuff for Mallory (My friend Peyton got her this super cute denim jumper)


Crazy hair styles to pass the time




Back to school!

First day of school for Peyton!


Surprise happy face cookies from Gigi delivered to my doorstep


Quality time with Daddy (putt putt golf, running, outside playtime while Mommy napped)


College Football(Touch Down!)


The Death of a Dining Room

This room is now a full time playroom. We needed the playroom/fourth bedroom for a bedroom and a better place for the kids to play so we converted our sitting room to a dining room, and the dining room to a playroom. So far so good.

Lots of time at home, just being silly babies.




Waking up to this sweet face!


Kisses, Kisses, and more Kisses


And looking forward to growing this little one, and meeting him/her at the end of March. Here he/she is saying "Hey Guys!"


So welcome to the 2nd Trimester! As Peyton and Dora would say, "We Did It! We did it! We did it! Hooray!"

No comments:

Post a Comment