Mallory turned 8 months old on July 7th and I have so many things to say about this month! I think the following pictures sum up this time in her life very well- covered in FOOD.
Mallory loves to eat and we are almost done with jarred baby food. She wants to feed herself the foods that the rest of us are eating and even when I feed her with a spoon she grabs it out of my hand. She currently loves cantaloupe, bananas, cheese, pasta, avocado, green beans, carrots, bread, pretty much anything. I am super paranoid about choking so the real trick is getting it big enough for her to pick up but not big enough to block her windpipe:) Challenging! No one is happier about her eating habits than the dogs- they come in after every meal to clean the floor and high chair. That's a win/win for both of us! And she eats all of this without a single tooth! Until now! Look what we found on Sunday, it is still working it's way through but it is there. Her first tooth (bottom middle, you can kind of see it in this picture)
Mallory, you are everywhere and on the go. You are pulling up on everything, climbing up steps, and climbing through the coffee table. You love to play with the baby gate and closet doors. You can get anywhere in the house. You will be an early walker. I just know it. You love to say Mama, Papa, Ba Ba Ba, ba da da ba, La la la la, and talk with your tongue hanging out the side of your mouth. You also love to go "Pop Pop Pop Pop" smacking your lips, thanks to Bebe and Papa.
You started crying all night long again and I would find you standing or sitting up in the crib, not quite sure how to get back down. I put you in a sleep sack again and problem solved! Now you are doing pretty well through the nights because you can't stand up in your sack! I bet I see you hopping down in the hall in your sack like you are in a sack race in no time though- i have a feeling there is not much that will stop you. :)
I love to watch you dance when music comes on. You stand up and bounce on your chubby legs. You have a special smile reserved only for your Daddy, and you can't stay out of Peyton's way or off of Peyton's toys. Good for you- you will be a tough girl.
Perhaps the single greatest accomplishment this month has been your easy use of the bottle. It has made our lives so much easier. And you are not picky in the slightest! cold milk, warm milk, breast milk, and I finally introduced a little formula and you did wonderfully.
I love dressing you in your summer dresses and have too many bows for you already. You just make me smile. I love how solid (ie: chunky) you are, I love kissing that sweet dimple, and love your open mouthed kisses. You are just heaven my sweet baby girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment