Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Mallory is Broken

I figure I should record the good and the bad parts of parenting because twenty years from now I'm sure Peyton and Mallory will laugh over this post.

Peyton has decided he does not like having a baby sister. (at least 90% of the day, sometimes he adores her) He keeps telling me "I want Mallory to be Broken." Hmmm. I figure he knows that when a toy or item breaks, we remove it or throw it away, so he must figure that a broken Mallory means she will go away. He also repeatedly tells me to put her in Time Out. (she has never once been deserving of this) He has told me he wants Mallory to be "broken" about 5 times today. He just got back from 5 days at Grandy and Dandy's house where the World was all about Peyton so the transition to sharing space with Mallory has been a little rough.

We have had lots of heart to hearts today about Families. We have talked about his cousins having brothers and sisters and how much fun they have together, and how Mallory might have to share her toys one day with a new baby too. We have also been dancing and singing to the song "My Family" by Laurie Berkner Band. (great song!)"When you're in my Heart, you're in my family. When I'm in your heart, I'm in your family" Hopefully this too is just a phase.

Here are some cute pics of them playing after dinner. You can see some food evidence on their faces even though he had just bathed :) I thought it was so cute how he was playing "This Little Piggy" with her, little did I know that he may have been trying to "Break" her toes! Surely not :)!



No comments:

Post a Comment