"Momma, I going to pick Marrory up by her arm pots ". (after seeing him try to pick her up by her neck or head one too many times I showed him how to do it under her arm pits- which he now calls pots. He struggles to hold her considering she is almost as big as him and she prety much screams the whole time)
"This is my pendulum!" (playing with my blinds and swinging the blind cord side to side. he loves clocks and learned about pendulums from his Bebe., impressive!)
"What YOU Got?" (anytime you have something interesting or good to eat)
"Momma, What YOU Doing?" (same as above)
"When I a grown up I drink grown up coke." (he thinks cokes are the coolest part about being a grown up)
"It's been a Loooong Day."
While peering into the bathtub drain- "There's a Tockadile in that drain. it bite my finger off!" (After Marshall told him a Crocodile lived in the bathtub months ago- Peyton still looks for it every bath. Bad idea Marshall, bad idea!)
"Mommy is dirt.Friends are dirt. School is dirt." (basically anything he doesn't like at the moment is....DIRT!" He gets "thinking time' every time he says the word dirt. He hurls it at you like it is the ultimate insult! And sometimes he'll start to say it- "Mommy is d....., (then think better of it) and say, NICE! I Like Mommy!)
"I don't like THAT Mallory." (pointing to her like she is just one of many, many, models of Mallory)
"I don't want to eat with Mallory! She is looking at me! (So I moved his high chair into the dark, dining room by himself. After this meal he said. "Momma, I ready to eat with the family now." )
He has also really gotten into imaginative play. He adores his play kitchen! (Moms of boys- this was great advice I got from my sister in law Alice, play kitchens are a great imaginative tool for boys too! We got one that is stainless steel, green, tan, very gender neutral.) He LOVES to cook for us. He usually serves me coffee with all of my meals. (He has learned not to deal with Mommy until she has had her coffee)He calls people on the kitchen phone, uses the microwave, and says the funniest things about the food he makes, the tools he uses. We recently moved the kitchen into his bedroom and he loves it.
And today was quite possibly one of the best things I've heard in a long time.
Our amazing neighbor, Mimi, decided to surprise Peyton with a trip on the train to the Dallas Zoo today in honor of his birthday earlier this summer. It was a special treat just for him. We wanted to surprise him so all I told him was that Mimi was taking him somewhere special this morning, really fun, a very special treat! I asked him where he though Mimi was taking him. He thought for a minute and replied with
"COSTCO!" Hysterical. A child of my own heart. I love warehouse grocery stores and Costco is pretty fun. I know he will love the train and the zoo even more than Costco though. His imaginary friend is a lion and i can't wait for them to meet, face to face :)
Here is picture of him this morning, right before we took them to the train station with Mimi. He is SO excited!
This was just a sampling of some recent Peytonisms, I know we'll need another installment soon! He is strong willed but lovable, smart but sometimes conniving, and still has my heart like I never thought possible. He wears me out but I adore him. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment