Mallory Ann has changed leaps and bounds the last few weeks. In the last two weeks she began crawling like a champ, pulls herself up to standing, and now says "Mama!". She is still only seven months old! She also appears to have much more hair on her head. She isn't my little tiny infant anymore and is a real live baby! Of course I want her to develop and grow up to be the amazing little person she will surely be- I just already miss those new little baby days. New Mallory has much more of an opinion about things, loves to get her hands all over Peyton's toys, and crawls after me like a little puppy dog- never wanting me to leave the room. I have a feeling she'll be walking pretty soon too- she doesn't really like to crawl on her knees and pulls up into a pike position trying to walk. The other morning I went in to get her for her early morning nursing, and she sat up in the crib when she saw me and said "Mama , Mama". Peyton's first word was "Da Da" so this was extra special. Hearing those sweet little sounds makes everything so worth it.
Here are some pictures taken by Aunt Nicki of our big Baby Girl.
Peyton isn't so thrilled with this new Mallory because she now plays with his toys, wants to grab whatever he is playing with, and cries when she doesn't get her way or when he is rough with her (resulting in lots of "Thinking Chair" time for Peyton lately). Last week Peyton told me "I don't want Mallory to live here anymore" and today he told me "I don't like having a baby sister." He also likes to say "That's MY Mommy or MY Daddy" to Mallory. Hmmmm. I know this will pass soon and they will be the best playmates. It can be hard having a new brother or sister. :)
Precious kiddos! I had the pleasure of seeing Mallory on Saturday afternoon & she has grown up so much since I last saw her. I can't believe she's doing all the same things Harper is & they are 3 months apart! Harper doesn't have a cutie big brother to entice her to move though...
ReplyDelete