I put this sign on Peyton during bible study last week so that our baby sitters would know to put him on the potty. We ended up keeping it on him all day. He had no idea it was on him.
I have a video of Peyton telling me about his dislike for pooping in the potty that I will upload soon. Basically, he told me that "Poop Is Dirt." I've been dirt when I've told him no to something- it started by saying that "Mommy is Yucky", then "Dirt is Yucky", so naturally- "Mommy is Dirt." I'm so glad to know that pooping in the potty is also dirt. We just can't get the timing right but are working on it
I must say that this week has been one of the most trying of my motherhood. Within the same week we had no school activities-so long days together, Peyton decided not to nap, Mallory started crawling, Mallory started eating 2 meals a day, Marshall was out of town three days, and we decided to potty train. It has been interesting to say the least!
Thank Goodness for my IPOD touch. I love it for many reasons (I think I'll have to do a post about it) but I never thought it would be so helpful during potty training. We watch poop inspirational videos while Peyton is sitting on the potty. You'd be amazed what you can find on You Tube. Here are his two favorites, maybe it will help some of you other potty trainers. The first one is Elmo (well a man dressed like Elmo) pooping on the potty. Some parents hired him to entertain for their daughter's second birthday and somehow convinced him to also poop on the potty for their 2 year old (to entice her to do the same, I'm sure) He was Such a good sport and it is pretty funny. Peyton loves it!
The second is a Mom of my own heart that made up quite the catchy pooping song. We now sing it all over our house. Enjoy! You just sit down and PUSH and PUSH! Seriously- you will find yourself singing this later- let me know if you do!
So for now we keep pooping I mean, pushing, through. I figure the end is near and he is going to get it soon. He has a brand new Wiggles CD just waiting for him on the fireplace mantle= all he has to do is Poop on the potty. Come on Peyton, you can do it!
Not to discourage but you wanted to let you know that it took 6 months after being in underwear for everything but naps and nighttime for Kyle to poop on the potty on a regular basis. He did it maybe three very celebrated times before that. He would wait until nap time to poop since he knew he'd have a diaper on then so I had to just nip that in the bud and say no more diapers at nap. That is what finally worked for us. So be encouraged if it doesn't happen as soon as you'd like. The time will come!
ReplyDeletei hope they paid that elmo extra. unbelievable.
ReplyDelete