Friday, September 16, 2011

Back to Childhood........

I have a big brother so growing up I liked playing with matchbox cars almost as much as I enjoyed Barbies. In fact, one of my favorite toys was my brother's 1980's Hot Wheels service center. It was so incredibly awesome. I bet some of you remember it.

My Mom still has it at her house and we realized Peyton loved playing with it there as much as I did. So this Christmas I found myself going head-to-head against professional collectors on Ebay trying to buy one for him. I lost quite a few auctions but finally" won" one that we gave him on Christmas. Ive been watching him play with it a lot more recently and just can't get over how similar our playing styles are. It takes me back 25 years in an instant! I half expect to close my eyes and find myself back in my parent's house at age 5, hovering over my service center with all my little cars around me, sitting on the cold floor in the entry way- with Candy the cocker spaniel close by, and hear my Mom talking on the phone while cooking dinner-which was probably spaghetti and meatballs (my Brother's Favorite :) )


Instead I open my eyes to see the most beautiful little boy in the world playing just like his Mommy did. It touches my heart to share this toy with him.





I know his little sister and little brother won't be too far behind him wanting to play with it too. I just hope they can share it, Im not sure my competitive nature can afford another online ebay auction!


Happy Car Playing Peyton! I hope you never stop playing!

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy to have introduced Peyton to this special special toy. He knows how much I love him

    ReplyDelete