Monday, March 19, 2012

Sissy Sou at Two

Mallory Ann is now close to 2 1/2 and has become quite the personality.  She was a late talker due to a massive ear infection that just wouldn't clear and had fluid in her eardrums, so we had ear tubes put in around early December.  To say that they changed her life would be an understatement. She literally started talking more on the way home from the procedure and hasn't stopped!  Listening to her chat her way through her day is one of my greatest pleasures.   Here are some of her recent sayings that make me smile (recording here so that I can always remember these special days.)


"I wear my pinka dress!"  "Where my Pinka Dress?!?"  (all day long, her cousin Anna gave her an old dance costume that is known as Pinka. and it is Mallory's favorite)

I play toccer with dada and baba?  (she is so sad every time the boys go to soccer without her- and likes to end her thoughts on a question mark, she makes a very serious, perplexed face, and squints her eyes like an adult)

Mama, I get out of my be-ed?  (how she greets me after climbing out of her crib and meeting me in the hall- with her perplexed look)

I want more "Mina"!!!  (Angelina Ballerina is her favorite show these days and she must wear her dance dress while watching)

Where my cupcake dress?

I love Ms. Doan (Mallory loves her teacher Ms. Joan and tells me so often)

Baba hit my head. (a common phrase in our house, she knows Peyton's name is Peyton but still calls him Baba)

I change Nolie's diaper?  

I want Baagal Peem cheese  (she wakes up saying this phrase, bagel with strawberry cream cheese is her fave)

"Happy Bewthday Mama"  (this cracked me, she slept with me one night and I woke up nose to nose with her.  She opened her eyes and instantly said "Happy Bowthday Mama." Even thought it was Feburary and my birthday isn't until May.)

I saw a Biwdie!  (always so excited to see birds!)

Yoya ate my "Fill in blank"  (Gets very upset when our dogs Hattie or Lola steal her food, but she calls them both Yoya)

IYOVEYOU-  Her "I love you" is all one word "I YOVE YOU"  Best three words ever I've heard.

The Mouse in the Clock!!!!  (this perhaps is my absolute favorite.  Every time a clock chimes she runs to it and looks for the "mouse' and yells 'The Mouse!  The Mouse!" This is because I always read Hickory Dickory Dock to her so she thinks a mouse lives in every clock.


Mallory also has such an opinion about fashion.  I don't know where she got it but she is the biggest girly girl and loves tutus, petticoats, princess dresses, Angelina ballerina, high heels, you name it.  She insists on wearing smocked dresses, costumes, high heels, and even tutu bathing suits to school each day.  Her "everyday" clothes are the enemy.  I try to just embrace it and let her make her own fashion choices.  Sometimes she will wear the same "Pinka" dress for 3 days straight and I have to develop a strategy and a secret mission to get the thing in the washing machine without major meltdowns.

Here are some pictures of her daily wardrobe.  Most taken with my Iphone so forgive the quality.

Sleeping in her Snow White dress.  Dreaming of Prince Charming?


Mallory's Cupcake dress from Bebe. She has worn this full get-up to school.

The cupcake dress also doubles as a nightgown.

Fancy Princess dress from Gigi. This was before bed, also being worn as jammies. 



Dancing, Dancing in her Uggs.

Just your every day play dress with a petticoat attached.

Mallory's room after her first nap in her big girl bed.  We lowered her crib after she started climbing out for safety reasons and her room was spotless when I put her to bed.  She never slept :) Apparently book shredding is a toddler's form of protest.

Sweet Mallory Ann- you make me smile.  You brighten the day of our entire family and bring such a smile to your teacher's face.  She never knows what you are going to wear to school, but you are always in style.  "IYOVEYOU"

No comments:

Post a Comment