Thursday, February 9, 2012

Crazy Chaos

Last night was one of those crazy nights that you know you'll miss one day. I keep waiting for the day that having these 3 little ones becomes easier, but lately it has just been getting crazier. Nolan is into everything, Mallory can't keep her hands off of him, and Peyton has become very particular about things.  This results in pure chaos, especially from the hour of 5 PM until every last one of them is asleep.  Which is when Marshall and I breathe a huge sigh of relief and these days watch reruns of "How I Met Your Mother"  :)

Last night they all took a bath together after dinner.  Nolan got out first, got dressed in a clean diaper and clean jammies and I set him down in the living room to get the others out of the bath.

Well did you know that "Wine-os" come in all shapes in sizes?  Meet Nolan, the world's youngest wine-o.The second I set him down in the living room he reached up to a glass of wine that I had just poured (and a normal 10 month old should not be able to reach), and poured the entire glass all over his head.  He was COVERED in red wine.   I scooped him up, and put him right back into the bath with Peyton.(Where Peyton told me that Nolan smelled like wine.) :)
The Wine-o eating breakfast this morning in his second pair of jammies

Minutes later Peyton asked to be held and when I went down to lift him up he slammed his mouth into my shoulder and his lip split and started bleeding everywhere.  He cried for awhile over that one, more out of being tired than the actual lip.

The whole time this was going on Mallory was refusing to put her jammies on and insisted on wearing only a pink bath towel.  "Pink Towel" has become her favorite item. And when we finally got at least her diaper on she just kept taking it off, trying to give herself and Nolan diaper changes.  She really does try to change her own diaper- may be time to potty train.

When we finally got everyone settled and the crying and screaming had stopped (for the moment) and Mallory was finally in jammies  I looked across the living room and saw this.




And It Made Me LAUGH. And I wanted to remember it.

The Pink Towel Prevailed!  At least someone got to keep wearing it!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE IT! Love that Nolie is a Wine-o...he fits in well with us!

    ReplyDelete