Monday, April 18, 2011

Little Nolan, Little Nolan

Photos taken by Rachellee Jones



"Little Nolan! Little Nolan!" is the new song in our house. Peyton created this song for his new baby BROTHER! Nolan Mark entered our world at 5:11 AM on March 28th, 2011. As expected he was HUGE. 9 pounds, 9 ounces and 22 inches LONG. He looks about a month older than he really is :)

The short birth story: I had a scheduled C section for Tuesday, but Sunday got really achy and with lots of back pain, etc. No consistent contractions though, just the same kind I had been having for weeks. My mom flew in to town in preparation for the C section and we went about our day. I had some pains all day but didn't really think I was in labor. At midnight I awoke with a knifing pain across my stomach, we tried to wait it out to make sure it was the real deal but soon I couldn't even walk or talk. The pain was CRAZY! By the time we got to the hospital-at 1:15 am, i was already dilated to a SEVEN. A Seven! I could have had that baby in the suburban :) I pleaded for an epidural because the contractions were coming super close and was the worst pain imaginable and once I got it I was pretty happy. After fully dilating, water breaking on own, baby moving down, etc. the OB suggested a C section because he worried about risk to the baby due to his size. It was a tough decision since we were so close to being able to have the baby without surgery but the doctor was right. We went ahead with the surgery and thank goodness we did because he was bigger than they thought.



Nolan is three weeks old today and such a sweet baby. First of all, he is beautiful. I may be biased but he is a gorgeous newborn. He loves to snuggle and sleeps a lot. He loves to suck and has taken nicely to a pacifier. He likes to be held most of the time, appears to have a dimple when he smiles, has a cute cleft in his chin, and is just super long. Those newborn diapers lasted about one week and we are in 3 month clothes.






Big Brother Peyton ADORES him. Big Sister Mallory isn't really sure what he is. A Toy? A Pet? She isn't very gentle with him : but doesn't seem to not like him either. We are all so happy to finally meet him and to start our family of five. He was perfectly designed for our family and we are so happy to have him.






Many more pictures, stories, etc. to come but for now we just wanted to announce this little baby. It is going to be a crazy couple of months so we may not have as many posts, but I can promise they will be interesting! Thank you God for our beautiful and perfect little family. Let the fun begin :)

3 comments:

  1. CONGRATS! Just as precious as can be!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HE IS THE MOST Perfect Baby!!!In the most perfect FAMLY. LOVE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect! We can't wait to meet him! Love you

    ReplyDelete